Have you ever tried vegan langos? If not, now it’s the time! It’s delicious! With this recipe you can make langos at home in the kitchen and then top them with flavoured vegan sour cream, crispy red onion and vegan caviar. This dish is a deep fried flatbread and therefore maybe not the healthiest option. But hey, you have to allow yourself a little indulgence every now and then am I right. :)
Either you used a ready made dough or you do it yourself! :)
25 g of yeast
3 dl water
1 large boiled potato
1 teaspoon salt
about 7 dl of wheat flour special
1 dl flour for extraction
5 dl oil for frying
2 dl vegan sour cream or cream fraiche
salt & pepper
chopped red onion
1 jar of vegan caviar
1. Stir the yeast in lukewarm water and mix with grated potatoes, salt and wheat flour. Work for a smooth & pretty loose dough and let it rest for 35-40 min.
2. Then work with the dough and divide it into 16 pieces (for 16 ports). Pave out to ovals, about 15 cm long. Let them rest for about 10 minutes.
3. Pour oil into a pan and let it get hot.
4. Fry the bread, one in one minute, on the side of the oil until the color is golden yellow. Lay them on grids or household paper.
5. Prepare the filling: Flavor vegan crème fraiche with salt, peppar, lemon and chives. Put it on the bread together with the vegan caviar and chopped red onion.
Let me know what you think of this recipe in the comments!
And tag any photos #worldofveganita on instagram so I don’t miss out on seeing it! Thanks!